The fully residential campus of Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), located in the National Capital Region, provides a highly conducive academic environment, interaction with industry-academia mix professors, proximity to the strategy makers of the industry and practitioners of the service and manufacturing companies, exposure to the international universities and companies, and a ready profile of strong alumni base spread throughout the world.
Birla Institute of Management Technology was established in 1988 under the aegis of the Birla Academy of Art and Culture. The Institute is supported by B.K. Birla group of companies. Dr. (Smt.) Sarala Birla, chairperson of Birla Academy and Syt. B K Birla, Chairperson of B K Birla Group of companies are the founders of the business school. It has progressed from a moderate start to the 12th rank in India. The Board of Governors comprises eminent people from industry, headed by Sri R N Jaju, President, ECE Industries Ltd. BIMTECH is mini India in its formation every year. It has students coming from almost all the states of India, and also from a few foreign countries. It is a mix of nationalities, cultural backgrounds, academic and professional experiences, which makes BIMTECH one of the most exciting and enriching business schools in the country. learning environment. The programmes offered are designed and reviewed in consultation with industry experts and delivered by a strong team of faculty, who are known for their dedication to teaching and research, with close ties to the national and international, academic and business community.
The faculty team of core, adjunct and visiting from India and abroad makes the quality knowledge sharing on various aspects of business, business leadership, and entrepreneurship. The international academic partners of BIMTECH provide a wider platform for students, to experience international academic environment and make them a global leader. The teaching and research projects in the new economy areas are the latest efforts and developments which have overwhelming support and response from the government bodies and national and international institutions including industry.
India is indicating for strong growth in economy and Delhi (National Capital Region) is the trigger of this growth. Here the industrial and economic policies are framed, Industry Associations meet, and CEOs’ evenings are all realities and not merely media news. This is also one of the cultural convergence centres of India for both national and international platform. A location of such importance is always an asset for exposure to the real-life learning and developing national and global networking.
The programmes offered at BIMTECH have very strong support of the academic seriousness and industry interaction. They encourage the academic industry mix
The school offers different programmes and conducts research under the academic departments, to keep the actions focussed and progressive. Each department has its specialised advantages by having expertise to offer programmes and other academic and industry activities.
Centre for Business Management The first and oldest centre of the Institute, established to meet the research and education in management areas. The centre offers the programmes which have acclaim from academia and industry. This centre also conducts research and offers training and consultancy to industry and government bodies. The flagship programme of the institute is rated among the top in the country as assessed by various agencies. Centre also provides placement assistance to the students which has a proven record of 100 percent campus placement. Programmes offered by the centre:
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) [Two-Year, Full Time (Approved by AICTE, MHRD, Govt. of India)]
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) [Three-Year, Part Time (Approved by AICTE, MHRD, Govt. of India)] This programme is not offered for the year 2008)
Centre for International Business and Policy : The centre is established to cater to the need of research and education in the areas of international business, international economics, and policy. In the era of globalisation, the growing demand of the researchers and trained professionals is increasing dramatically. The collaboration with School of Public Policy, George Mason University, Washington benefits the centre in various activities and support. Programme offered by the centre:
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (International Business) [Two-Year, Full Time (Approved by AICTE, MHRD, Govt. of India]
Centre for Insurance and Risk Management First of its kind in the country to offer full time education and executive training in Insurance and Risk Management. The centre offers masters programme to prepare young professionals for Insurance industry and risk management industry. This centre has special agreement with Erasmus University and University of Cologne in health and policy areas. The programme has been developed in consultation with industry leaders and is constantly reviewed in the context of the present and future needs of the Insurance industry. Programme offered by the centre:
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Insurance Business) [Two-Year, Full Time (Approved by AICTE, MHRD, Govt. of India)]
This centre offers full time education for specialised industry like retail. It also conducts research projects and serves the consultancy to new set-ups. This publishes the first research journal of the country devoted to retail researches. Programmes offered by the centre:
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (RM) [Two-Year, Full Time (Approved by AICTE, MHRD, Govt. of India)]
Executive Programme in Retail Management (EPRM) [11 months Certificate Programme for working executives by Philadelphia University and BIMTECH]
The centre conducting the doctoral and post-doctoral programmes and academic and industry researches has been one of the early centres of its kind in private business schools in the country. The centre has influenced policy and structure of many organisations through its researches. The programme is offered in collaboration with University of Mysore, Mysore (Karnataka) Ph. D. Programme
Programmes Offered for Session 2008 Broad Selection & Eligibility Criteria and Programme Fees at a Glance
Merit Category Regular Admission is granted to those applicants who have fulfilled all the admission requirements and whose name appears in the regular merit list of successful applicants.
Corporate sponsored and NRI /NRI sponsored candidate category : 10 % seats are allotted on following conditions:
1. Candidates are directly called for G.D. / P.I. They may also appear without CAT or MAT exam.
2. It is a separate merit category based on GD and Interview, and graduation score plus other weightages.
3. A fee as per schedule will be deposited annually in advance .
4. Admission form of the Institute is required to be downloaded from our website, filled up and sent to the Institute with a demand draft for Indian Rs. 1,250.
5. In case of corporate sponsored, the sponsoring company must have annual turnover of minimum Rs. 50 crore (Campus placement assistance is not provided to corporate sponsored Candidates.) Following documents are required at the time of interview for industry sponsored category candidate:
- Latest Financial statements (Published Balance sheet and Income statement) be submitted at the time of GD / PI.
- A sponsor ship letter is required from Co. as per format enclosed. Annexure- 1 (see website)
- Original marks sheet for 10th Std. Exam., 10+2 exam, graduation exam (with min. 50% marks) and related degree, certificates for date of birth and work experience (if any)
6. In case of NRI/NRI sponsored, sponsoring person must have a minimum annual Salary or Income of USD 50,000 or equivalent
Following documents are required at the time of interview:
- Passport copy and evidence of NRI status Notary attested in the country of residence of NRI or by foreign embassy in India
- A sponsorship letter from NRI as per Annexure -2 (see web site)
- Original marks sheet for 10th Std. exam., 10+2 exam, graduation exam (with min. 50% marks) and related degree, certificates for date of birth, and work experience (if any)
Calling for GD/PI There is no cutoff pre-defined , but the merit is prepared on the basis of CAT / MAT score for calling candidates for GD and Interview in a ratio of 1:10 for total number of seats in all the programme after all the applications have been received by closing dates.
Final Selection The merit is prepared on the basis of weights given below:
- CAT/ MAT %ile 20%
- Graduation % 20%
- GD (100 marks) 20%
- Write up and PI (100 marks) 25%
Suitable Weightages for Work experience, Academic & Regional background, Professional Qualification etc. are also given.
NOTE: Applying for the admission does not ensure that candidate will be called for GD/PI process or get admission. The discretion of the admission committee of the Institute will be final in all such matters.
Selection Procedure The various steps in selection for admission at BIMTECH include:
Step I Procurement of Form: Application Form (common for all the programmes) can be acquired from September 1, 2007 onwards from –
- a) Office of the Institute by paying Rs. 1200/- in cash.
- b) Office of the institute by post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs. 1250/- in favour of _Birla Institute of
Management Technology _ payable at Greater Noida/ Noida/ New Delhi.
- c) From website by downloading (Demand Draft of Rs. 1250/- is to be enclosed with downloaded form in
favour of the institute).
- d) From various centres of IMS, Bulls Eye, Cerebral Heights, Career Forum, Career Launcher, ERUDITE,
TIME and PT Education across India (List given on website)
STEP II Submission of Form: Last date for submission of form are:
- FOR PGDM & PGDM (IB) : December 10, 2007
- FOR OTHER PROGRAMMES : February 28, 2008
Step III Call for Group Discussion and Personal Interview: Venue and Time Schedule For GD & PI:
- For candidates applying through CAT GD/ PI would be conducted at Greater Noida, Indore , Mumbai, Kolkata and Hyderabad in the month of February 2008 (tentative). The Institute reserves the right to cancel any of the above outstation centres.
- For candidates applying through MAT GD/PI process will be conducted only at Greater Noida in March 2008 (tentative).
Step IV Declaration of Final Selection List:
PGDM & PGDM (IB) Final Selection List would be declared around first week of March, 2008(tentative).
PGDM (Insurance Business) & PGDM(RM) Final Selection List would be declared around first week of April , 2008 (tentative).
Step V Fee Submission: Time of fifteen days would be given to the selected candidates from the day of declaration of final selection list to submit first instalment after the completion of both the phases respectively.
Beginning of Session Academic session of all the programmes starts around June 15 every year
The Information Provided here is selective and partial Please contact the regional office or university office for more information. we will not be held responsible for accuracy of the data provided here.