About SIOM Welcome to the Technology and Operations Management area of Symbiosis. Business today is technology. Understanding the breadth and depth of this area, the advent of SIOM aims towards World Class Management Programmes with emphasis on Operations Management.
There is the real opportunity to emerge as World Class in every sector. The companies need to adopt new and different business models. “To execute these business models successfully, they will need to build a Global Mind Set , world class scale to achieve cost excellence, world wide marketing capability, global / regional operations and the ability to manage global talent pool.” – states CII McKinsey Report October 2004.
SIOM is an effort to nurture the students mindsets and skills so that they master the ability to manage ambitious corporate growth by achieving cost excellence, acquiring market excellence rapidly, strengthening and customizing design and building global / regional operating footprints. SIOM is born out of the conviction that engineers, if forged and chiseled in an exclusive B-School environment can be outstanding business techno – professionals atop the current competitive markets by developing the critical and required traits.
At SIOM we shall produce managers with broad based knowledge, practical and analytical ability, leadership qualities and effective inter-personal skills.
MBA Operations Management It prepares each engineer with the skills and knowledge necessary to design, manage, analyze, and improve the operations systems in industrial or service sector enterprises. A perfect blend of in-depth strategic understanding of operations systems, their components, contributions, and interactions with other functional areas and the analytical and computer tools necessary to address both strategic and tactical issues groom efficient operations managers, skilled at executing seamless operational activities.
The SIOM Postgraduate Operations Management programme arms each engineer with vital skills and knowledge necessary to design, manage, analyze, and improve the operations systems in an industrial or service sector enterprise. The programme develops a crystal-clear, strategic understanding of operations systems, their vital components, contributions, interactions with other functional areas and the analytical and computer tools necessary to address both strategic and tactical issues.
Unique Program Features:
• Highly advanced state-of-the-art courses
• A balanced understanding of technical-analytical, organizational-behavioral aspects of the market
• Flexible programme with inter-disciplinary delivery of tracks (e.g. supply chain mgmt)
• Live industry exposure
• An over-all professional development through student club activities (e.g. APICS)
• Non-academic activities like Art of Living, Vipassana, OBLs and soft skill development
The PGDOM students at the end of the programme bring on board :
• The ability to lead and manage business processes & utilize the power of technology for all business applications
• A comprehensive knowledge of Basic, user level and consulting level competency in ERP (SAP R/3 & SCM)
• Interpersonal skills that enhances the ability to work as part of a team, strong analysis and applied learning skills
• The ability to adapt to rapid change and the ambiguity that is created by change
• Developing planning, organizing and time management skills
In addition the SIOM postgraduates will:
• Be sensitive to the of shifts in economic, technological and management trends
• Develop a matured vision to foresee the range of possibilities and a highly evolved imagination to create solutions
• Strike and confront newer challenges and be alert to adjustments required in new directions
• Develop a flexible approach towards making adjustments and being steadfast in the face of misunderstandings and mistakes
• Remain committed to the ambition that they have set out to achieve
Eligibility and Other Important Information
The Information Provided here is selective and partial Please contact the regional office or university office for more information. we will not be held responsible for accuracy of the data provided here