ADMISSION INFORMATION BROCHURE
FOR 5 YEAR INTEGRATED P.G. PROGRAMMES, M.Tech. PETROLEUM EXPLORATION,M.B.A. (Part-time) AND P.G. DIPLOMA / DIPLOMA / CERTIFICATE COURSES – 2007-2008
1. Admissions into 5 Year Integrated P.G. Programmes and M.B.A. (Part-time) course will be processed as per rank order in the entrance test conduted by Directorate of admissions,
A.U. and in ICET-2007 respectively. However, the admissions into M.Tech. Petroleum Exploration and various P.G. Diploma / Diploma / Certificate courses will be processed as per the merit order in each category. Eligibility criteria and details of fee structure for the courses offered are given in Appendix-I.
2. Candidates are advised to go through the information brochure carefully and claim admission under appropriate categories of reservation by filling in the relevant boxes in the application form. Requests for inclusion or change of category(ies) once claimed will not be entertained under any circumstances. Applications will be processed as per the claims of candidates only and the admissions will be subject to the validity of their claims.
3. The university reserves the right to fill or not to fill the seats earmarked for a particular course on administrative reasons. All admissions are purely provisional and the University reserves the right to cancel the admission at any stage.
4. The reservation policy of the Government of A.P. that is in vogue in resepct of SC, ST, LBC, CAP, PH, NCC and Sports categories will be followed in the processing of admissions.
5. The programme will be run in semester pattern with internal assessments and continuous evaluation in practicals. There will be ten semesters in all.
6. There will be no provision for the students to discontinue at the end of 3rd or 4th year to claim an alternative degree.
7. Appearance at the entrance test does not automatically guarantee right of admission. A candidate seeking admission into a particular course has to fulfil the eligibility criteria specified for that course.
8. Only limited hostel accommodation is available for candidates admitted into 5 Year Integrated P.G. and M.Tech. Petroleum Exploration courses.
9. 5% supernumerary seats in each course offered at A.U. Campus are available to candidates belonging to other states.
10.15% supernumerary seats in each course offered at A.U. campus are available to foreign students. Such candidates need not appear for the entrance test. Their applications shall be considered under separate fee structure.
II. HOW TO APPLY:
1. Candidates are required to down load the application form and the information brochure from the website www.andhrauniversity.info/doa/index.html .
2. A demand draft for a sum of Rs.500/- in case of M.Tech. Petroleum Exploration; Rs. 250/- in case of 5 Year Integrated P.G. Pgrammes or M.B.A. Part-time; Rs.100/- in case of P.G. Diploma / Diploma / Certificate course, drawn in favour of the Director, Directorate of Admissions, payable at Visakhapatnam, must accompany the filled in application towards registration fee.
3. Candidates should submit separate application for each course.
4. The duly filled in application should accompany with attested copies of the following certificates .
(i) Original degree / Provisional / Pass certificate of the qualifying examination. (ii) Marks statements of the qualifying examination.
(iii) Date of birth certificate (S.S.C. / Matriculation or equivalent certificate).
(iv) Study certificates for the last 7 Years of study or residence certificate in case of private study.
(v) Integrated Community certificate issued by competent authority in case of BC/SC/ST candidates.
(vi) Certificate from competent authority in case of claim under NCC/CAP/PH category. (vii) ICET-2007 Rank card (for M.B.A. Part-time applicants only).
(viii) ICET-2007 Hall ticket (for M.B.A. Part-time applicants only). (ix) Migration certificate for candidates from other Universities.
III. LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF FILLED-IN APPLICATIONS:
1. Application forms completed in all respects should reach the Director, Directorate of Admissions, Andhra University, Vijayanagar Palace, Pedawaltair, Visakhapatnam-530017 by registered post or in person before 5-00p.m. on 03-08-2007.
Applications received after 5 p.m. on 03-08-2007 will not be accepted. Office of the Directorate of Admissions is not responsible for the non-receipt or late receipt of applications sent by ordinary post / Courier.
IV. TEST PROCEDURE:
Entrance tests of 3 hours duration consisting of 150 multiple choice questions in three different sections will be conducted for the 5 Year Integrated P.G. programmes on 19-08-2007 in A.U. College of Engineering, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam as per the syllabi and model question papers given in Appendices – II & III.
V. DATE AND VENUE OF COUNSELLING:
5 Year Integrated P.G. Programme,Date of exam19-08-20,
Date of Counselling.
07 30-08-2007, 10:00 a.m.
M.Tech.& MBA.(Part-time evening course),Date of exam —, Date of Counselling 20-08-2007, 10:00 a.m.
All Diploma & Certificate courses,Date of exam—, Date of Counselling 20-08-2007, 2:00 p.m.
Venue for the conselling
Directorate of Admissions, Vijayanagar Palace, Pedawaltair, Visakhapatnam
!! The Information Provided here is selective and partial Please contact the regional office or university office for more information. we will not be held responsible for accuracy of the data provided here !!