In tune with the growing global trend of extending conventional University instructional mode to online, self learning, distance education methodology, Anna University Chennai has created the Centre for Distance Education. Through this initiative Anna University Chennai aims to impart technical professional education that would provide competitive edge in the global business environment, to advance the qualifications of the needy by providing hard and soft skills to be a better performer and to meet multiple real corporate world challenges through tailor made professional courses. This requirement gains even more importance in the current scenario, with ever increasing need for professionally qualified and trained personnel in areas of Computer Applications and Business Management. Keeping this in mind, the Centre launches professional MBA, MCA & M.Sc. (Information Technology related areas) Degree Programmes through the distance education mode.
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||
|Master of Computer Applications (MCA)||
|Master of Science (MSc) – Information Technology|
- Customized Course material prepared based on Self Instructional Mode
- Material available as hard copy and in CD form
- Periodical Counselling sessions across the country – 10 hours Theory & 9 hours laboratory
- CDs provided to each student with open source software
- Multimedia course material for selected topics
Conduct of Online Entrance Test
- Online entrance tests shall be conducted periodically on receipt of a specified number of applications on first come first served basis and the date of online test shall be intimated to the candidates. However candidates may have to be ready to appear for the online entrance test within a short period from the date of Receipt of application by the Centre for Distance Education.
- Candidates who are unable to appear for online test on a specified date can have an alternate date for online test, on payment of an additional entrance test fee of Rs.200/- in the form of a Demand draft drawn in favour of “The Director, Centre for Distance Education, Anna University Chennai” payable at Chennai and be obtained from any Nationalized Bank.
Eligibility : Candidates for admission to the first semester of the Master Degree Programmes shall be required to have passed an appropriate bachelor Degree Examination of a recognized University as specified under Qualification for Admission or any other examination of any recognized University or authority accepted by the Syndicate of Anna University Chennai as equivalent thereto.
|PG Programmes||Qualifications for Admission|
||Any bachelor degree* and a pass in the entrance test conducted by Anna University Chennai(*All degrees must have been obtained in 10 + 2 + 3 pattern)|
|Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
|Any bachelor degree*. The Candidate should have studied Core Mathematics either at +2 level or Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Oriented subject as one of the subjects at the degree level and a pass in the entrance test conducted by Anna University Chennai(*All degrees must have been obtained in 10 + 2 + 3 pattern)|
|Master of Science (4 semesters)
MSc – Information Technology
|B.Sc.* Mathematics / Computer Science / Information Technology/ Software Engineering / Electronics (or) B.Sc.* (Physics / Statistics / Chemistry) / B.E.S.* with Mathematics or Computer Science as allied subject (or) B.Sc.* Applied Sciences (Computer Technology / Information Technology / Computer Systems Maintenance and Networking) (or) B.C.A.*(or) B.E.*/ B.Tech.* (any branch) and a pass in the entrance test conducted by Anna University Chennai (*All degrees must have been obtained in 10 + 2 + 3 pattern)|
TANCET score is also valid for admission** to MBA/MCA of distance education. (However candidates have to send applications and admission is subject to validity of TANCET score). Candidates with AMIE or similar qualification awarded by Professional Institutes approved by MHRD are also eligible for admission** to MBA/MCA degree programme, if they have
- Two years experience after obtaining AMIE or similar certificates and
- A valid appropriate score in TANCET** or entrance test conducted by the Centre for Distance Education.
Candidates selected through entrance test are eligible for admission in any one of the programmes MBA/MCA/MSc in any one of immediate two successive batches of admission** (CY 2009 batch or AY 2009-10 batch)