In August 1984, Bharat Ratna Shri. C.Subramanian along with Prof. P.S.Mani Sundaram, the Vice-Chancellor of Bharathidasan University chaired a Meeting of leading academicians and Industrialists and an idea was born. Their dream was to create an Academy that would be Grounded in strong theoretical inputs Have proactive Partnership with a large organization Provide students with a REAL WORLD learning environment With this vision in mind, a partnership was signed with BHEL to create the country’s first ever Management Institute that would be housed inside an industrial giant. Thus was born Bharathidasan Institute of Management – School of Excellence. BIM offers one of the most coveted MBA programmes in India. Entry to this course is regulated through a rigorous selection process. BIM has an annual intake of 120 students. BIM enjoys a unique symbiotic relationship with BHEL in terms of academic inputs and continuous industry exposure. BIM’s excellence over the years had led the Honourable President Bharat Ratna Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam to choose BIM as an ideal training ground for DRDO Scientists.
MBA Admissions 2008-2010 BIM’s curriculum reflects the needs of the ever-changing business environment. It reflects:
- Comprehensive understanding of the content, organization, assumptions, and values of a variety of academic areas, with hands on training on live cases in an industrial setting.
- Business skills such as effective communication, computation, analytical and critical thinking, managing information, creativity, and aesthetic awareness.
- Preparation for all aspects of life beyond the campus, including work, service, and leadership within local and national communities.
- An all-round development of the personality through participation in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities.
- An urge to participate in governing the Institute, to provide input to the faculty for developing academic programs and to enrich its cultural environment.
- An appreciation of the diversity of cultures present in the country.
- Sense of loyalty and dedication to the organization.
What BIM Offers? Two-year full time residential MBA Programme with specializations offered in Marketing, Finance, Systems and Human Resource Management.
Why BIM? Ranked No.10 in Top Government-Aided B-Schools by Outlook Cfore Survey 2006., Active Collaboration with the Public Sector Giant – BHEL and located inside BHEL Complex, Distinguished Alumni occupying coveted positions in leading National and Multinational Companies, Active Partnership with Industry , Rated as one of the best B-Schools in Asia by Asiaweek , Ranked No.20 in India, No.1 in Southern Region and No.13 in Admission, Curriculum & Delivery, Placement & Industry Interface by CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2006., Diverse Student mix from all Indian states that encourages Cross-Cultural Sensitivities, Won the Imagine Cup 2005 (August 2005) organized by Microsoft, Yokahama, Japan.
Special Features: An excellent core faculty supported by eminent visiting faculty from corporate sector., A computer center with a 4 mbps dedicated line and Internet facility, accessible round-the-clock, with wi-fi connectivity to all hostel rooms., Air Conditioned Library equipped with so many online databases and 1100 online journals including Harvard Business Review., Up-to-date curriculum in tune with latest Industry requirements.
Who is eligible: Bachelor’s or Post Graduate Degree or its equivalent in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks., Final Year Degree students may also apply, subject to completion of the degree requirements with minimum 50% marks by July 2008.,CAT 2007 Scores are used for shortlisting candidates who apply for admission to BIM., All applicants to BIM should take CAT (Conducted by IIMs on November 18, 2007) (IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of program)
How to apply Prospectus and Applications can be obtained by any of the following ways: By sending a Demand Draft for Rs.1200/- (SC/ST Rs.720/-) along with two self-addressed slips by regular mail to the BIM address given below., By online registration at www.bim.edu with an option to pay either by Demand Draft by Credit Card. For Credit card payments an amount of Rs.1,290/- should be paid instead of Rs.1200/- and (for SC/ST Rs.775/- should be paid instead of Rs.720/-) Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of Bharathidasan Institute of Management payable at Tiruchirappalli.(Note: Application money paid will neither be refunded nor transferred to another candidate under any circumstances) Application Forms can also be obtained from the IMS STUDY CENTRES.
- Commencement of issue of application forms and Online Registration 14th September 2007
- Last date for receipt of application forms 18th January 2008
- Last date for issue of application forms at IMS ends 12th January 2008
- Last date for issue of application forms and Online Registration 18th January 2008
- Date of CAT Test 18th November 2007 (Refer CAT Advertisement released in major News Papers on July 15, 2007)
For further details refer our website: www.bim.edu. Send your enquiries to: email@example.com All Correspondence including the requisition for application should have “MBA Admissions 2008-2010” super scribed on the envelope and must be sent to:
The Admissions Chairman,
Bharathidasan Institute of Management,
(School of Excellence of Bharathidasan University)
P.Box No.12, MHD Complex,
BHEL Campus, Tiruchirappalli – 620 014.
Ph: 0431-2520796, 2520502
!! The Information Provided here is selective and partial Please contact the regional office or university office for more information. we will not be held responsible for accuracy of the data provided here !!