BHEL, India’s premier Engineering organisation providing world class products and services for the core sectors including power generation and transmission, industry, transportation, oil & gas and electronics etc. BHEL has 14 Manufacturing divisions, 4 Power Sector Regional Centres, 8 Service Divisions, 15 Regional Offices and over 100 Project Sites spread across India and abroad. BHEL is the only PSU among the 12 Indian Companies to figure in the “Forbes Asian Fabulous 50” list. BHEL, Tiruchirappalli a major Manufacturing unit with a workforce of over 10,000 employees is currently looking for Artisans in the following trades
|Trade||Number of vacancies|
|Crane Operator cum Rigger||103|
|Total||482 (Out of 482 vacancies 318 vacancies are reserved for Ex-Servicemen.)|
|Important Date:||All Applications should reach by 04.08.2009|
- For Welder, Machinist & Electrician: Matric / SSLC plus National Trade Certificate (NTC) plus National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC)# in the respective trade of Welder / Machinist & Electrician.
- For Fitter: Matric / SSLC plus National Trade Certificate (NTC) plus National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC)# in the trade of Fitter or Sheet Metal Worker.
- For Crane Operator cum Rigger: Matric/SSLC plus National Trade Certificate (NTC) plus National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC)# in Mechanic (Motor Vehicle) trade.
- #Candidates belonging to General & OBC categories should have obtained at least 60% marks in both NTC and NAC and candidates belonging to SC/ST categories should have obtained at least 55% marks in both NTC and NAC.
- Desirable: Working knowledge of Tamil
- All Eligible candidates will be invited for objective type Written Test to be held at Tiruchirappalli. The Question Booklets will be in English but will also be available to candidates on request in Hindi/Tamil languages, provided they have indicated language preference while applying.
- All Eligible Ex-Servicemen candidates who possess the pass certificate of NTC/NAC or equivalent (% of marks not mandatory) in the relevant trade from Armed Forces will be called for written test.
- On the basis of merit of Written Test marks, candidates will then be invited for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:3 to the number of vacancies.
How to apply
Interested candidates who fulfill all eligibility conditions may send in their applications in the prescribed format on plain white A4 size paper (neatly handwritten or typed) along with the copies / documents (applicable to them) by post addressed to : "Dy General Manager (HR ), Artisan Recruitment Cell, HRM Department, Building 24, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, Tiruchirappalli – 620014".
For More Details regarding Eligibility Criteria, Selection procedure, Availability of forms (on-line and offline), Filling of forms (on-line offline), Last date of application, exam pattern, syllabus, Reservations details, Minimum Age, Minimum Qualification required and other important things are requested to visit their official website and browse recruitment section,