Engineering Agriculture and Medicine Common Entrance Test (EAMCET 2009) is conducted by JNT (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological) University on behalf of APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education). This examination is the gateway for entry into various professional courses offered in Government/Private Colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
A Common Entrance Test, designated as Engineering, Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test – 2009 (EAMCET – 2009) of Andhra Pradesh will be conducted (as per G.O.Ms.No. 16 Edn.,(EC) Department Dt:25/2/2004 and its amendments) by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad for entry into the first year of the following professional courses offered for the academic year 2009-2010 in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- B.E/B.Tech courses
- B.V.Sc and A.H/B.Sc(Ag)/B.Sc (Hort)/B.F.Sc/B.Tech (FS&T)/B.Sc (CA&BM) courses
- MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BHMS/BNYS courses
- B. Pharm/B.Tech (Bio-technology) and Pharm-D (Doctor of Pharmacy) courses.
The minimum qualification to appear for EAMCET-2009 is, (a) A pass in Intermediate Examination or appearance at 2 nd year Intermediate Examination (10 + 2 pattern) conducted by the A.P. Board of Intermediate Education, with appropriate optional subjects or its equivalent thereto, (b) A pass at Diploma examination or appearance at final year Diploma Examination in Engineering conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, A.P. or its equivalent thereto. Diploma candidates are eligible to apply for B.E/B.Tech/B.pharm courses only. Diploma in pharmacy are eligible to apply for Pharm-D course.
- In case of such students who appear for the entrance Test, pending result of their qualifying examination, their entry shall be subject to their securing a pass in the said qualifying examination.
- Candidates should belong to the State of Andhra Pradesh as defined in the A.P. Educational Institutions (regulations for admission) order 1974 and its amendments (vide G.O.P.No. 646 dt: 10-7-79 of Education (W) Department).
- Detailed information regarding eligibility, age, and syllabi etc., is given in the “Instruction Booklet”, supplied along with the application form.
Requisition for the Application form
- Candidates with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry as optional subjects in their Intermediate or its equivalent course should submit “ E ” category application for Engineering (B.E/B.Tech/B.Tech (Ag.Engg) /B.Tech (Dairying)/ B.Tech (FS&T) (MPC) /B.Sc (CA&BM) (MPC) and B. Pharm (MPC),Pharm-D((MPC) courses.
- Candidates with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as optional subjects in their Intermediate or its equivalent course should submit “AM” category application for Agriculture (B.V.Sc., and A.H/B.Sc (Agr)/B.Sc (Hort)/B.F.Sc/B.Tech (FS&T) (Bi.P.C)/B.Sc (CA&BM) (Bi.P.C)/ Medical (MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BHMS/BNYS) and B.Pharm/ B.Tech (Bio-Technology)/Pharm-D (Bi.P.C) courses.
- Eligible candidates who intend to seek admission to both the courses in 4.1 and 4.2 have to submit “E” and “AM” category applications.
Application form together with the enclosures including the “ Instruction Booklet” can be had in person (not by post) on payment of Rs. 250/- in cash (this amount covers the cost of application, fee for entrance test, and towards Service charges for Post offices) AT ALL THE HEAD POST OFFICES AND ALL e-SEVA CENTRES within the state of Andhra Pradesh till 31.3.2009
As per G.O.Ms.No 165 dated 06-09-2007and G.O.Ms.No 8 (Amendment to the GO.Ms. No 16) Higher Education Department, dated 27-01-2009, the candidates who have secured qualifying marks in EAMCET and candidates belonging to the category of Scheduled Caste and Schedule Tribe, for whom qualifying marks have not been prescribed, shall be assigned ranking in the order of merit on the basis of combined score obtained by giving 75% weightage to the marks secured in EAMCET and 25% weightage to the marks secured in the relevant group subjects namely Mathematics or Biology, Physics, Chemistry of the qualifying examination. However as per G.O Ms No. 181 dated 21.05.2008 of Health Medical and Family Welfare(E1) Department for admission into MBBS/BDS courses on the basis of Competitive entrance examination, a candidate for admission to those courses must have obtained not less than 50% marks in physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together both at qualifying and EAMCET examination.. In respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/BC must have obtained not less than 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together both at qualifying and EAMCET examination.
|Date of Entrance Test||
|Sale and Receipt of Application forms||
For candidates submitted with late fee of 10000/- , test centre will be allotted at Hyderabad/ Secunderabad only, Applications are available only in convener’s office , Hyderabad after 31.03.2009
NOTE: For online submission a candidate has to purchase a DD for Rs. 250/- in favor of Secretary, Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education, payable at Hyderabad and enter the website and submit the application. After submission a registration number for future reference is generated. The candidate has to download and take printout of filled in application and paste a colour photograph of size 3.5cmx4.5 cm at appropriate place in the application. After signing the application at the bottom of the photograph (not on the photograph) and also on the declaration arrange it along with required documents and DD in A4 size cover and send it to the convener, EAMCET-2009 by Regd. Post.,. For further details regarding online submission visit our website.
How to submit Filled in Application form
EAMCET – 2009 application may be submitted online or offline. For details refer to item VIII of “ Instruction Booklet” for Engineering (E) and Agriculture and Medicine (AM) Categories of applications.
- The late fee and online submission application fee must be in the form of Demand Draft on any nationalized bank payable at Hyderabad, in favor of Secretary, Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education.
- Filled in Application should be submitted to the Regional Coordinator in person as mentioned in the Instruction Booklet or to the Convener, EAMCET – 2009, SIT Building, Cellar portion, JNT University Hyderabad, Kukatpally, Hyderabad – 500 085 by Regd. Post.
- In their own interest, candidates are advised to submit the application online or submit the filled in applications to the concerned regional co-ordinators in person only, or send it to the convener, EAMCET – 2009 by regd post well in advance, of the last date prescribed for submission of applications without late fee to avoid delays. Convener shall not be responsible for any postal delay or loss of application during transit.
This is only a Notification and not a prospectus., This notification and instructions for submission of application are also available at EAMCET website.