The Food Corporation of India (FCI), one of the largest Public Sector Undertakings dealing with foodgrain supply-chain management, intends to recruit Management Trainees for manning posts in its depots and offices spread all over the Country. Online applications are invited from Indian Nationals who fulfill the prescribed qualifications, age etc. for the posts indicated below:-
The total number of vacancies may vary as per administrative exigencies and at the discretion of FCI management.
- North Zone: Management Trainee (Depot): Total 83 (OBC NCL 27, UR 56 and PH 4)
- North Zone: Management Trainee (Accounts): Total 51 (OBC NCL 17, UR 34 and PH 4)
- North Zone: Management Trainee (General): Total 160 (SC 23, ST 12, OBC NCL 43, UR 82 and PH 5)
- North Zone: Management Trainee (Movement): Total 06 (SC 01, UR 05 and PH 2)
- South Zone: Management Trainee (Depot): Total 21 (SC 03, ST 01, OBC NCL 06, UR 11 and PH 1)
- South Zone: Management Trainee (Accounts): Total 38 (SC 05, ST 02, OBC NCL 10, UR 21 and PH 02)
- East Zone: Management Trainee (Depot): Total 13 (SC 01, OBC NCL 03, UR 09 and PH 01)
- East Zone: Management Trainee (Accounts): Total 14 (SC 01, ST 01, OBC NCL 03, UR 09 and PH 01)
- East Zone: Management Trainee (General): Total 72 (SC 10, ST 05, OBC NCL 19, UR 38 and PH 02)
- West Zone: Management Trainee (Depot): Total 54 (SC 08, ST 03, OBC NCL 14, UR 29 and PH 02)
- West Zone: Management Trainee (Accounts): Total 15 (SC 02, ST, 01, OBC NCL 03, UR 09 and PH 01)
- West Zone: Management Trainee (General): Total 46 (SC 06, ST 03, OBC NCL 12, UR 25 and PH 02)
- North East Zone: Management Trainee (Depot): Total 02 (UR 02)
- North East Zone: Management Trainee (Accounts): Total 11 (SC 01, OBC NCL 02 and UR 08)
- North East Zone: Management Trainee (General): Total 20 (SC 02, OBC NCL 05 and UR 13)
In total there are 606 [North Zone (300), South Zone (59), East Zone (99), West Zone (115) and North East Zone (33)] vacancies in different zones of FCI. Also find the important dates below
|Zone||Online Registration from||Written Examination on|
|North Zone||22.1.2011 to 21.2.2011||15.05.2011|
|South Zone||22.1.2011 to 21.2.2011||08.05.2011|
|East Zone||15.1.2011 to 14.2.2011||24.04.2011|
|West Zone||22.1.2011 to 21.2.2011||22.05.2011|
|North East Zone||15.1.2011 to 14.2.2011||10.04.2011|
The selection process will be separately conducted by different Zones consisting of written test, group discussion (GD)and interview. The written test will comprise of 90 multiple choice question of general aptitude consisting of Reasoning, Data Analysis, Computer Awareness, General Awareness, Management and Current Affairs for the post of Management Trainees (Genl./Depot/Movt.) and of 90 multiple choice questions on General Accounting and Finance for candidates applying for MT (Accounts). The test for MT (Genl./Depot/Movt.) will be followed by the test for MT (Accounts).
The Admit Card for the written test can be downloaded from the website http://specialtest.in/fci 15 days prior to the date of examination onwards. The admit card will not be sent by post. Intimation about shortlisted candidates for GD & interview will be put on Web site within tentatively a month from the date of written test. The minimum cut-off marks for short listing after written test is 50% for UR/OBC candidates and 45% for SC/ST candidates. Candidates will be called for interview & GD in the ratio of 1:5. Based on the merit obtained in the written test, interview & GD, a panel of selected candidates will be formed from amongst those found eligible. A candidate has to appear in all three phases of the recruitment process, in order to be eligible for selection. The candidates are advised to keep in touch through the Web site.
Candidates have to submit a Demand Draft of Rs.300/- (Rupees Three hundred only) made through a bank drawn in favour of Food Corporation of India, payable at Noida for North Zone, Chennai for South Zone, Kolkata for East
Zone, Mumbai for West Zone & Guwahati for North East Zone. No other mode of payment would be accepted. The date of issue of demand draft should not be before 08.01.2011 and should be valid for six months. Fees will not be returned/adjusted against future exams in any case.
Candidates applying for the post of Management Trainee (Accounts) in addition to the post of Management Trainees (Genl./Depot & Movt.) are required to register separately for both options on the online application portal and submit two separate DDs of Rs.300/- each.
SC/ST and PH candidates are exempted from payment of fees, subject to submission of Caste/Disability Certificate from Appropriate Authority in support of his/her claim.
Application can be made in online mode only. The candidates have to fill all the details online, then take aprint out of filled form, affix photo & put signatures at designated places & then send the form along with demand draft & photocopies of certificates to the Post Box Number as given on website by ordinary post. Please note that five separate portals are active for five different Zones. A candidate may apply for one Zone or more than one Zone but he has to go through the Recruitment process separately for each Zone from application stage till selection.
Candidates are advised to make the requisite DD/DDs before going for registration in the online portal.
The online application window can be accessed at http://specialtest.in/fci from 15.01.2011 to 14.02.2011 for East Zone, North East Zone and 22-01-2011 to 21-02-2011 for North Zone, West Zone & South Zone. Printout of application with required documents should reach the designated post box by 28.02.2011 for East Zone, North East Zone and 08-03-2011 for North Zone, West Zone & South Zone. For candidates residing in far flung areas, the last date for submission of application in the designated post box is 07.03.2011 & 15.03.2011 respectively
All other details regarding maximum age, eligibility and rest other details, please refer to official notification which you can access by clicking here.