Nokia has released another version upgrade for its flagship mobile hand set (Nokia N 97). In this new version (12.0.024) they have included /changed /upgraded the following:
- Camera and Web Browser load time optimized
- Photo based applications will be stable now
- Phone navigation is faster than before.
- Smoother theme effects
- Web applications to load more quickly
- RAM management in the phone has been worked upon.
- Improvised on clarity of speaker (loud speaker while calling)
- Touch is more responsive
- Auto rotate to be faster
- Fix for browser cache
- Battery Indicator issue resolved (Initially some handsets were having problem of showing wrong indication)
- FOTA (Firmware over air) settings fixed (I believe this is not for people who are from India).
- Fix for calendar entry problem
- Fix for GPRS access point while WLAN connection is present.
- Ovi store upgrade.
- Display bug of messaging during theme changes has been fixed.
How to Upgrade firmware
Before upgrading the firmware, it is advisable that you take a backup of your phone, so that the data is safe and secure. There are two options to upgrade the firmware of the phone:
You can directly go to the device updates by pressing *#0000# or else you can locate the device updates from Menu >> Settings >> Phone >> Phone Management >> Device Updates
Please keep a watch over the connection in use while using this option as it may lead to huge bills by service providers.
PC Suite Option
The second method is to connect the phone to PC and update Nokia firmware with Nokia PC Suite.
Update: Nokia has upgraded its firmware upgrading application. It is a 25 MB (approx) application and you will have to install it in order to upgrade your mobile’s firmware.