The MBA (IB) is a six trimester general management programme with a focus on international business. The Programme aims at providing a comprehensive coverage incorporating all the important areas and disciplines relevant to international business activities. The syllabi for MBA (IB) compares favourably with the syllabi of some of the world’s best International Business Schools.
Mode of Admission
For General/SC/ST/PH/OBC category :
- On the basis of Written Test, Group Discussion, Interview and Essay Writing
- Written Test on Sunday, November 22, 2009 between 10.00 a.m. and 12.00 noon at Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar , Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur and Visakhapatnam.
- Based on marks for written test, candidates will be called for Group Discussion, Interview and Essay Writing to be held during January/February at Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
For Foreign National/NRI/Children of NRI :
- On the basis of General Management Aptitude Test (GMAT).
- GMAT result should not have been declared before January 1, 2008 and should be received by the Institute latest by March 31st, 2010.
Pattern of Admission Test
- The admission test is a multiple choice objective type written test (in English).
- Duration of the test is two hours and will cover English Comprehension, General Knowledge & Awareness, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Analysis.
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years’ duration in any discipline.
- Candidates appearing for a qualifying examination can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by October 7, 2010.
- No age limit
- Last Date for Sale of Prospectus by post : 20th August 2009
- Last date for Sale of Prospectus across the counter at IIFT : 3rd September 2009
- Last Date for Receipt of completed Applications : 3rd September 2009
- Written Test : 22nd November 2009 (10 a.m – 12 noon)
The Admit Cards will be sent BY POST to all the students, who submit filled-in Application Form complete in all respects (online or offline), in the first week of November 2009. Applicants, who do not receive their Admit Cards by 14th November 2009 can download the Admit Card from IIFT’s website. With a printout of the Admit Card, the candidates should reach the venue of the Exam Centre on 22nd November 2009 latest by 9.00 a.m. with one of the following documents:
- Election I-Card
- College I-Card
- Driving I-Card
for appearing in the Exam. In case of any problem, the candidates can contact Shri Gaurav Gulati, Administrative Officer. They must indicate their Application No. in their communications to IIFT. (Tel. Nos. 26857908 (Direct), 26966563, 26965124, 26965051). E-mail: admissions (at) iift (dot) ac (dot) in OR gaurav (at) iift (dot) ac (dot) in.
For More Details regarding Eligibility Criteria, Selection procedure, Availability of forms (on-line and offline), Filling of forms (on-line offline), Last date of application, exam pattern, syllabus, Reservations details, Minimum Age, Minimum Qualification required and other important things are requested to visit their official website and browse admissions section,