Indian Overseas Bank, a leading Public Sector Bank with headquarters in Chennai having geographical presence all over India and abroad invites applications from Indian Citizens for the post of Probationary Officer in JUNIOR MANAGEMENT GRADE SCALE – I. Candidates are requested to apply only through online between 17.01.2009 and 16.02.2009 through our Bank’s website www.iob.in. No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
|Opening date for online registration||17.01.2009|
|Closing date for online registration||16.02.2009|
|Date of Written Examination||05.04.2009 (Sunday)|
|Category||SC||ST *||OBC||GEN||Total||of which PC * *|
|JMGS – I||172||184||311||583||1250||
SC – SCHEDULED CASTE, ST – SCHEDULED TRIBE, OBC – OTHER BACKWARD CLASS, GEN – GENERAL,
PC – PHYSICALLY CHALLANGED, VI – VISUALLY IMPAIRED, HI- HEARING IMPARIED OC – ORTHOPEADICALLY CHALLANGED, JMGS – I – JUNIOR MANAGEMENT GRADE SCALE – I
* Including backlog vacancies in ST category – 98
* * Including backlog vacancies in PC category – 14
Eligibility Criteria : A candidate must be either i) a Citizen of India or ii) a subject of Nepal or iii) subject of Bhutan or iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination &/ or interview conducted by the Bank but on final selection the offer of appointment may be given only after the Government of India has issued the necessary eligibility certificate.
Educational Qualifications: (As on 01.01.2009): 1. For Arts Graduate – minimum 60 % marks and for other than Arts Graduate – minimum 65 % marks. For SC/ST/PC candidates – minimum 55% marks for Arts Graduate and for other than Arts graduate- minimum 60% marks. The Degree should be from a recognised university 2. Computer literacy shall be an essential qualification, which the candidate must either possess before or acquire within six months of joining the Bank. 3. Diploma in Banking & Finance (DBF) from Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) is a desirable qualification besides the above entry level qualification.
AGE: (As on 01.01.2009): Minimum: 21 Years and Maximum: 30 Years The candidates who have completed the age of 21 years as on 01.01.2009 and not completed 30 years as on 01.01.2009 are eligible to apply. Relaxation in maximum age for SC/ST/OBC/PC/Ex Servicemen will be as per Government Guidelines.
- How to apply Eligible candidates are required to apply ‘ONLINE’ only through our website www.iob.in and no other means/ mode of application will be acceptable. Candidates are advised to follow the following sequence of steps while applying online.
- Log on to our Bank’s webiste www.iob.in and click “Career “ column (available at the top of the bank’s website) , then the Career page will open.
Go through the detailed advertisement by clicking the Advertisement (English) or Advertisement (Hindi) available in the Career Page and ensure candidate’s eligibility to apply for the said post.
- Take print out of Payment Receipt challan by clicking Download Payment Receipt available in the Career Page.
- Remit the application fee /postages as applicable to the candidate with the filled up Payment Receipt in any of Indian Overseas Bank branches by means of cash only and collect candidate’s copy of Payment Receipt Challan for the application fee paid.
- After remitting the application fee, again logon to our Bank’s website www.iob.in and open the Career Page. Click apply online. Then online application will open. Fill up all the details required in the application and click “Submit” button available at the bottom of the online application and your online application will be registered. A Registration Number and Password will appear for your online registration immediately on the screen. This can be used only for taking printout of the online application registered by the candidates for their records and candidates should not send the printout of the online application to the Bank.
For the purpose of locating the branch address for remitting fees , applicants may log on to our Bank’s website www.iob.in wherein provision is available for locating address of the branches. Applicants are advised to type nearby town/ city/place in the space provided under “Branch Search” in the website. For assistance in locating the branch in case of need, applicants may contact 044-2888 9375, 044-28519661 Candidates should submit the candidate’s copy of Payment Receipt Challan along with the call letter at the time of written examination failing which the candidate will not be admitted for the written examination.
- The payment of fees should be made on or before 16.02.2009 and the last date for applying online is 16.02.2009. Application for online registration will be available in our Bank’s website between 17.01.2009 to 16.02.2009 only. Applications once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and application fee /postages once paid shall not be refunded or shall not be held in reserve for any other examination.
- Application fee ( including postage charge) non refundable (a) For SC/ST/Physically Challenged – Rs.50/- ( For Postage) (b) For all others ( including OBC) – Rs.400/- (350+50 For Postage) Application fee has to be paid in cash only at any branch of Indian Overseas Bank before applying online.
Written Examination: All the eligible applicants who have submitted their online applications properly in time will be administered a written examination , without verification of their age or qualification or category or any other eligibility Crieteria with relevance to documents and will be purely on provisional basis, on the strength of the information provided by them in the online application. The candidates must therefore, ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility, has in his/her possession the requisite documents and certificates specified by the Bank, and that the particulars furnished in the on-line application are true and correct in all respects. Mere admission to the written examination and /or passing the Test and being invited by the Bank for the Personal Interview shall not imply that the Bank has been satisfied beyond doubt about the candidate’s eligibility. Bank has the right to cancel candidature at any stage if found that any candidate is not fulfilling the eligibility crieteria. If any candidate found ineligible even after appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated.
Interview: A personal interview for 35 marks shall be conducted to assess the candidates’ academic record, power of expression, clarity of thought, qualities of leadership, extra curricular activities, hobbies, general demeanour, behaviour, communication skills etc. The minimum qualifying marks for personal interview would be 50% marks (i.e) 17.50 marks ( 45% marks (i.e) 15.75 marks for the Reserved Category candidates)
Final selection will be made on the basis of aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination & Interview and will be strictly according to the merit ranking.
Notifications on this page are selective and partial. Please visit the Official Website of the Banl or contact the Bank directly for a complete list of Notifications, News, Circulars and other official releases from the Bank. Some topics on this page could be News items collected from the press. Such topics should not be confused with the official notifications or circulars released by the bank