State Bank of India , Corporate Centre, Mumbai invites on-line applications from Indian citizens for appointment in the Clerical Cadre posts in State Bank of India. Candidates are requested to apply online between 01.08.2009 and 15.09.2009 through Bank’s website www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in. Before applying, candidates are advised to ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. They should note that examination fee and/or postage amount deposited once will neither be refunded nor be adjusted against any other projects. Candidates are advised to fill their details online themselves correctly. Candidates should note that details, especially relating to reservations based on caste/PWD/XS once filled will be final and no change will be allowed thereafter. If found that the applicant do not have necessary certificate to substantiate their claim, their candidature would be cancelled. For applying on-line, the candidates should go to a CBS branch of SBI, pay the amount of fees and get cash Receipt with Branch Code Number and unique deposit journal number as per the format appearing at the end here. This number alongwith depositing Branch Code should be correctly entered while registering the application on-line. No other means / mode of application / print-out will be accepted.
Merit list will be drawn up State-wise, category-wise and candidates will be posted in the State from where he/she is appearing for the written test and will not be entitled for inter/intra-state transfer in the first 10 years of service. However, candidates not getting selected in his/her domiciled state can be asked to opt for any other deficit state, at Bank’s discretion.
The salient features are given here in below
- Scale of Pay : 4410-215/3-5055-335/3-6060-470/4-7940-500/3-9440-560/4-11680-970/1-12650-560/1-13210
- Emoluments : The total starting emolument of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at Metro like Mumbai will be around Rs. 8000/- per month for Graduates inclusive of D.A. and other allowances at the current rate. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting. The new recruits must have flair for marketing and will be required to make customer calls and provide banking services, advisory services and cross sell products etc. inside and outside Bank premises. The duties involve extensive outdoor travelling. Depending upon requirement, there will be flexible working hours and working in shifts.
- The Pension scheme of the Bank is under review. The new entrants may be entitled to such pension benefits, as may be decided by the Bank, which shall be final and binding.
Educational Qualification (as on 01.10.2009)
- Minimum 12th standard (10+2) pass or equivalent qualification with a minimum of aggregate 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PWD/XS). or
- A degree from a recognised university (graduation level) with a minimum of aggregate 40% marks” (35% for SC/ST/PWD/XS).
- Candidates who have not passed XIIth standard Examination but have passed Diploma course after Xth standard are eligible for the captioned recruitment provided:
- Diploma Course passed must be a full time course with a minimum of Two Years Duration (Diploma course through correspondence are not eligible).
- The Diploma course should be recognized/approved by the State Board of Technical Education of the concerned state.
The percentage of marks in XIIth std/Diploma course shall be arrived at by dividing the marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects by aggregate maximum marks of all subjects irrespective of optional/additional optional subjects studied. Similarly percentage of marks in Graduation shall also be arrived at by dividing the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in all the subjects by maximum marks of the course (both for pass/Honours course) for all the years of the course.
- Matriculate Ex-Servicemen Candidates, who have obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or the Air Force, after having completed not less than 15 years of service in Armed Forces of the Union are also eligible for the post.
- Should be able to write and speak English fluently.
- Knowledge of local language will be an added qualification.
- Final selection will be made on the basis of performance in the written test and interview taken together. Merely satisfying the eligibility norms does not entitle a candidate to be called for written test or interview.
- The written test will be of Objective type consisting of (i) General Awareness (ii) General English (iii) Quantitative Aptitude (iv) Reasoning Ability and (v) Marketing Aptitude/ Computer knowledge. The questions in these objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be printed in bilingual i.e., English & Hindi. There will be negative marks for the wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests.
- All eligible candidates should apply online before the last date for registering the applications.
- Minimum Age : 18 years ; Maximum Age : 28 years (as on 01.10.2009.) Candidates born between 30.09.1981 & 01.10.1991 both days inclusive are only eligible to apply.
- Last Date of On-line Registration : 15th September 2009
- Date of Written Examination : 8th and 15th November 2009
For More Details regarding Eligibility Criteria, Selection procedure, Availability of forms (on-line and offline), Filling of forms (on-line offline), Last date of application, exam pattern, syllabus, Reservations details, Minimum Age, Minimum Qualification required and other important things are requested to visit their official website and browse recruitment section,