Tata Sons’ DTH venture with Sky networks unveils a new revolutionary product in Indian TV entertainment market known as Tata Sky+. This time they have tried to pack loads of features into one Digi-comp. Let’s see what they are
Tata sky claims that the new product (Tata Sky+) is a new age product for fast generation who don’t have to fight for the remote any more. With this new system you can:-
- Play or Pause a channel.
- You can record a show and watch at a later stage.
- You can pre-programme the Digi-comp to record a show at particular time and you can see the programme at your convenience.
- There is an inbuilt hard disk of 160 GB (that’s humongous). Company Claims that you can actually record 45 hours of Live TV.
- One can record channels like discovery, cartoon network which offers their service in different languages. Once you record a serial you can choose from languages supported.
- It has some other features like space management, back to back recording, automatic serial series recording, parental lock and much more.
The above aforementioned features were all the positive aspects of the product.
Now let’s talk about some negative aspects:
- You cannot transfer your TV serials to other modes i.e., to computer, etc.
- Price of the Box is around Rs 8999 plus installation charge of Rs 1000 plus channel package (varies on choice and has to be paid monthly) plus Tata Sky usage fee Rs 50 per month.
- Due to surging demand there is a slight delay in installation which might get solved as the time passes.
We all know that Tata Sky is an aggressive player in DTH market unlike other players who are not utilising their first mover advantage. Tata Sky has signed Aamir khan and Gul Panag for their promotions or what we call them as Brand Ambassadors. Now it’s up to the consumers whether they receive it or reject it.
You can see the advertisement here