SNAP Test for Symbiosis Postgraduate Programmes Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Test is a common written test for the admission processes of postgraduate institutes of Symbiosis International University [SIU] established under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 vide notification No.F.9.12/2001 U.3 of the Govt. of India. Subsequently ten more Institutes of Symbiosis have been brought under the ambit of Symbiosis International University vide notification No.F.9.12/2006-U.3 (A). It is a mandatory written test for admission into any postgraduate programme offered by these institutes. However, it is only the first step. In addition, a candidate has to undergo the selection process of the desired institute to qualify for the admission to the postgraduate programmes of that institute. A student aspiring to do higher studies at SIU needs to do the following:
Stage-1: SNAP Test
- Register online at www.snaptest.org
- Follow the instructions for payment of Test fee of Rs. 800/- on this website.
- On closing of Registration, print “Admit Card” from the website.
- Paste candidate’s photograph on the Admit Card.
- Bring the Admit Card on which the candidates photograph is pasted and a Photo Identity to the Test Center.
(Candidates should note that authenticated Admit Card is an important document without which no candidate can appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Candidates shall preserve the Admit Card till the Group Discussion and Personal
Interview is over. If the Admit card is lost, no duplicate Admit Card will be issued and the candidate will lose the chance to appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.) Appear for the Test.
Stage-2: Submit Application form to the desired SIU’s constituent institutes.
- Purchase a prospectus & application form as per a chosen institute’s instructions given on its website.
- The SNAP website allows a facility for online purchase of prospectus & application form for many of these institutes along with online payment of SNAP fee.
- Complete the application procedure of the desired institute.
- You can apply to more than one SIU’s constituent institutes.
Stage-3: Attend the call for further selection process of the chosen institutes.
- Each institute has its own weightages for arriving at a cutoff, depending on its focused field as mentioned in the prospectus of each constituent institute. For example, One Institute may have lower weightage for Quantitative Section while some other Institute may have a higher weightage for the same section.
- The institutes will announce a short list for attending further selection process.
- The individual institutes as per their schedules will announce Short List & Waiting Lists.
- For details of selection process and schedules please refer to the prospectus of respective institutes.
- Mere scoring in the SNAP Test does not entitle any right to the candidate to be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Those candidates who are above the cut- off point based on parameters mentioned in the prospectus will be eligible for group discussion and personal Interview.
- While adequate care is taken in ensuring that there are no mistakes in reading the answer sheet by the scanning machine, there is no provision of revaluation of the answer sheet of any candidate.
- The scores published by the Symbiosis Test Secretariat shall be final and shall not be subject to any appeal or revaluation.
- The SNAP Score card will be available on the website for a period of one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. up to February 7, 2008.
- Those candidates paying through cash or DD, should ensure that ,Axis Bank (formerly UTI Bank) Challan for cash payment, or Demand Drafts and Payment Advice Form for DD payment
Should reach Symbiosis Test Secretariat by 30 th November 2007. Symbiosis Test Secretariat will not be held responsible for non-delivery or any delay on the part of Courier / Postal Services
How To Register For SNAP 2007
Step 1. Register for SNAP Test at www.snaptest.org this will generate your SNAP ID. For different modes of payment different ‘Payment Advice’ formats are created. Choose a payment mode and print a ‘Payment Advice’ form online.
Step 2. Pay a non-refundable fee of Rs. 800/- according to the payment mode. You have 3 choices.
CASH: This ‘Payment Advice’ form is in 3 parts. Pay Rs. 800/- in cash at Axis Bank [ formely UTI ] branch in your city. Refer to the list of branches on the website. The bank will return two parts of the ‘Payment Advice’ form to you. The ‘Student copy’ is your receipt. Sign the Symbiosis copy of the ‘Payment Advice’ form of Axis Bank [ formely UTI ] and send it to the Collection Centre at,
Symbiosis Test Secretariat Symbiosis International University Symbiosis Infotech Campus, Plot No.15, RajivGandhi Infotech Park, Hinjewadi, Pune – 411 057 Maharashtra, India Phone: 020-22934049 / 50
DEMAND DRAFT: Get a demand draft for Rs. 800/- from any Bank in favour of “Symbiosis National Aptitude Test” payable at Pune. Sign the single copy of the ‘Payment Advice’ for DD and send it to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat only at, Symbiosis Test Secretariat Symbiosis International University Symbiosis Infotech Campus, Plot No.15, Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park, Hinjewadi, Pune – 411 057 Maharashtra, India. Phone: 020-22934049 / 50.
ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH CREDIT CARD:You may pay directly through either Master or Visa card online. Follow the instructions on the website. The SNAP website allows a facility for online purchase of prospectus & application form along with online payment of SNAP fee from October 1, 2007 for presently the institutes are listed on the Screen. Following Institutes are participating in Online Sale of prospectus along with SNAP Fee.
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management [SIBM].
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research [SICSR].
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication [SIMC].
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business [SIIB].
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development. [SCMHRD]
- Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management. [SITM]
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology [SCIT].
- Symbiosis Institute of Geoinformatics [SIG ].
- Symbiosis Institute of operation Management [SIOM].
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences. [SIHS].
Step 3. Admit Card should be printed from the website. This will be operative on closing of registration on December 5, 2007 and will remain open till December 16, 2007 midnight. Ensure the following. Print the Admit Card online, Paste your own photograph on the on-line Admit Card, Bring the Admit card with the photograph to the Test Center in addition to a photo-identity. An acceptable photo identity is any one of *Passport * Driving license *College / Institute identity card, *Credit card with photograph, At the time of the written test, it is mandatory to produce the photo identity as described here. Symbiosis Authorized Person will verify and authenticate your Admit Card against the photo-id, Please preserve this authenticated Admit Card for further selection processes of individual Institutes. Please Note that no duplicate Admit Card will be issued in case it is lost by the candidate.
24 Postgraduate Degree Specializations
Important: SNAP Registration Fee is non-refundable. Please note that claims for refund of the SNAP Registration fee will not be entertained on any account.
!! The Information Provided here is selective and partial Please contact the regional office or university office for more information. we will not be held responsible for accuracy of the data provided here !!