Admissions to B.E / B. Tech Degree Courses 2007 â€“ 2008
The admission notification pertains to the University Departments of Anna University, Chennai, Government, Government Aided Institutions, the seats surrendered by the Self Financing Engineering Colleges, Bharathidhasan Institute of Technology, Trichy and Central Electrochemical Research Institute, Karaikudi, for admission into B.E/ B. Tech degree courses.
1. In Person: Candidates can obtain the application form in person from the following Colleges / Banks by paying Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- in case of Tamil Nadu SC/ST candidates) towards registration fee, by cash /demand draft.
i) Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai â€“ 600 025
ii) M.I.T Campus, Anna University, Chennai â€“ 600 044
iii) Government / Aided Engineering Colleges:
â€¢ Government College of Technology, Coimbatore
â€¢ A.C College of Engineering and Technology, Karaikudi
â€¢ Thanthai Periyar Government Institute of Technology, Bagayam, Vellore
â€¢ Government College of Engineering, Salem
â€¢ Government College of Engineering, Bargur
â€¢ Government College of Engineering, Tirunelveli
â€¢ Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
iv) State Bank of India*
v) Canara Bank*
* The details about the designated branches, are given in the website: Click Here for Website
2. By Post: Application Forms can also be obtained by post from the Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA), Anna University, Chennai â€“ 600 025 by sending a letter of requisition along with a Demand Draft for Rs.620/- (Rs.370/- in case of Tamil Nadu SC/ST candidates) and an address label written in capital letters to which the application is to be mailed.
3. Through Website: Other state candidates alone can download the application form from the website (Anna University) and send the application along with Demand Draft for Rs.500/- towards registration fee.
4. Special Reservations: Candidates seeking admission under Special reservation category should enclose separate special reservation application along with main application together with DD for Rs.100/- for each special reservation with relevant document. The applications under sports quota should be submitted along with documents only in person.
5. Submission of filled up application: Candidates have to send the filled up application along with the Xerox copies of Mark Sheet(s) and copies of all other relevant certificates, to The Secretary, TNEA 2007, Anna University, Chennai â€“ 600 25 on or before 05.06.2007 (5.45 p.m.)
All Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of â€œThe Director, Admissions, Anna University Chennaiâ€ payable at Chennai drawn on any Nationalized / Scheduled bank dated on or after 13.05.2007. Candidates are instructed to write name and address on the reverse side of the Demand Draft.
Tamil Nadu SC/ST candidates who wants to avail registration fee concession (Rs.250/-) should produce a copy of the community certificate obtained from competent authority.
For further details visit Anna University Chennai website www.annauniv.edu
Telephone Number: 044 â€“ 22203619
1. Commencement of Issue of Applications: 16.05.2007
2. Last Date for submission: 05.06.2007 (5.45 p.m.)
For further more information please contact the University office. we will not be held responsible about the accuracy of the information provided above.