The Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad (IIIT-A) was established in 1999, as a center of excellence in Information Technology and allied areas. The institute was conferred the "Deemed University" status by Govt. of India in the year 2000. The Institute thus became empowered to have a perpetual seal and award degrees subsequent to the conduct of its own examinations. The Institute has been conceived with the ambitious objectives of developing professional expertise and skilled manpower in Information Technology (IT) and related areas. This will enable the country to exploit efficiently emerging opportunities, and meet economic challenges being thrown up by the rapid global IT revolution, which is influencing virtually every area of development and social activity. As an apex nucleating institute in the area of IT, the establishment of IIIT-A, is a major step of Govt. of India towards strengthening the indigenous capability necessary for exploiting profitably and harnessing multi- dimensional facets of IT at all levels, and attaining expertise to enable the country to emerge as a leading player in the global arena.
Doctoral Programme Students may enroll in the doctoral programme directly after B.Tech or after M.Tech. The objective of the programme is to promote the development of futuristic IT applications and patentable products, ideas, technologies. The institute intends to contribute to society through these highly qualified students, who have specialized in frontier areas of Information Technology. Research and development is now the focal point of the institute and our stress is on collaborative and interdisciplinary work. We introduce students to a research environment that contains facilities comparable to the best in the world. Some of the areas of interest for the institute are as follows:
- Networking, Internet, E- commerce, E-Governance, Web based Education, Content design and delivery
- AI, Intelligent/KB systems, Knowledge management, Behavioural modeling, ITS
- Industrial Automation – Design, process, production, control, security
- Chemical structures and modeling – Chemicals, new materials, polymers, Pharmaceuticals etc.
- Bio systems – Genetic modeling, medical informatics, Nano technologies
- Modeling and informatics pertaining to economic, financial and social systems
- Eco systems, GIS, Environmental modeling, Geo systems and Geophysical systems.
- Image processing, Image restoration, Applications to art, crafts, sculpture and architecture
- Disaster management
- Informatics and computation in Indian languages, Informatics for rural areas,
IT enabled services and IT enabled education
- Surveillance and security for industry and defence, safety in general and in
transportation systems in particular
- A substantial portion of the work will be accomplished via simulation and modeling and design and fabrication of products/applications.
Application for Ph.D Applications are invited for pursuing Ph.D. Degree in the Institute in various areas of Information Technology, Management, Information Security and Bioinformatics. The emoluments for JRF is Rs.12,000/- p.m. In addition to this Rs. 20,000/- p.a. is for contingency and HRA p.m. as per rules. Similarly there will be an enhancement of Fellowship after two years to Rs.14,000/-p.m. and Rs.15,000/-p.m. in 3rd & 4th years. The applicant has attained M.Tech/MBA (IT) /MS(CLIS) Degree. The applications on prescribed format available at our website : www.iiita.ac.in. alongwith DD of Rs.100/- in favour of IIIT, Allahabad may be sent to the undersigned by 24th October 2007.
For further details please refer to IIIT A Prospectus.The Information Provided here is selective and partial Please contact the regional office or university office for more information. we will not be held responsible for accuracy of the data provided here