Union Public Service Commission Geologists Examination 2009 The Union Public Service Commission will hold the Geologists’ Examination, 2009 commencing from 5 December, 2009 for recruitment to the posts of Geologist (Junior). Group ‘A’ and Assistant Geologist Grade-I, Group B’ in the Geological Survey of India and Jr. Hydro geologist (Scientist ‘B’) Group ‘A’ m the Central Ground Water Board. The examination will be held at various centers across the country.
Salient features of the examination are published herein for general information of candidates. For details regarding eligibility conditions, syllabus and scheme of the examination, centers of examination, Guidelines for filling up the application form etc. aspirants must consult the Detailed Notice of the examination published in the Employment News/Rozgar Samachar dated 20′ June, 2009.
2. Conditions of Eligibility: (a) Age Limits: Candidates must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on 1 January, 2009. The upper age limit is relax able for Scheduled Castes)Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes/Physically Handicapped and certain other categories of candidates to the extent specified in the Notice published in the Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar dated 20 June, 2009.
(b) Educational Qualifications: A candidate must hold (i) Master’s Degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Gec4ogy; or (ii) Master’s Degree in Mineral Exploration (for posts in Geological Survey of India only), or (iii) Master’s Degree in Hydrogeology (for posts in Central Ground Water Board only) from a recognized University; or (iv) Diploma of Associate ship in Applied Geology of the Indian School of Mines. Dhanbad.
(C) Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the Regulations given in Appendix-Il of Rules for the Geologist’s Examination. 2009 published in the Gazette of India dated 20” June, 2009.
3. Applicatiion Form: Candidates must apply in the Common Application Form devised by the Commission for its examinations which can be purchased from the designated Head Post Offices I Post Offices (specified in Appendix-Ill of the Notice published in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar dated 20′ June, 2009) throughout the country against cash payment of Rs. 20/- (Rupees twenty) only. Each such Form can be used only once and only for one examination. In case of any difficulty in obtaining the Application Forms from the designated HPO’s IPO’s. the candidates should immediately contact the concerned Post Master or UPSC ‘Form Supply Monitoring mobile over Telephone No. 011-23389366 FAX No.011-23387310.
4. Fee: Rs. 100!- (Rupees One hundred only) through Central Recruitment Fee Stamp only. SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from payment of Fees. (OBC candidates are required to pay full fees).
5. Address and last date for receipt of applications: All applications must reach the “Secretary, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-I 10069” either by hand or by Post/Speed Post or by Courier, on or before the 20t July, 2009. However, in respect of candidates residing abroad or in certain remote areas specified in the Notice published in the Employment News/Rozgar Samachar dated 20′ June, 2009, the last date for receipt of applications by Post/Speed Post only (Not by Hand or by Courier) is 27 July, 2O09
6. Facilitation counter and website for guidance of candidates : In case of any guidance information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSCs Facilitation Counter near ‘C’ Gate of its campus in person or over Telephone No.011-233852711011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs, and 17.00 hrs. The Commission also has a Website at address: http:llwww.uc.gov. in over which the candidates can obtain details of the examination as well as information about registration of their applications, venue of the examination and results etc.