XAT 2008 For more than 50 years XLRI is conducting Admission Test on All India level to select the most appropriate students for management education. Our long experience and the expertise has helped us to extend this test to other Management Institutes. There are 42 other Management Institutes who are selecting students from XAT 2008. Please refer to XAT Associate Institutes. Applicants desirous of joining XLRI or any other institutions have to appear for XAT 2008.
XAT Bulletin & XLRI Prospectus can be obtained from 112 Branches of State Bank of India (SBI) or the XAT Office, XLRI Jamshedpur, 831001. Click here to view SBI Branch address details.
XAT 2008 will be conducted in 31 cities on January 06, 2008; Test Timings: 10:00 am to 12:30 pm Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Berhampur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Goa, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Noida, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Rourkela, Trivandrum, Vadodara, Visakhapatnam.
Procedure for Obtaining XAT Bulletin from SBI and XAT Registration
1. A candidate can obtain XAT Bulletin from select branches of State Bank of India on payment of Rs. 700/- (Rupees seven hundred only)
2. Registration for XAT 2008 The applicant has to log on to the website www.xlri.edu and go to XAT registration. Here he/she has to fill in the XAT form on-line with personal details, XAT Bulletin No., date and SBI branch name and submit the form online. After submission the candidate will immediately get his/her XAT ID and password
3. Once the candidate provides the bank detail he/she can proceed to take printout of XAT Payment Advice cum Photo Form (XAT PP Form)
4. The candidate has to paste his/her recent photograph and give full signature at the space indicated on the XAT PP Form. The candidate has to enclose the third copy of the bank/XAT pay-in-slip along with the completed XAT PP Form and use the special envelope provided in the XAT Bulletin and send it by registered post / speed post / courier within a week, after obtaining the XAT Bulletin. The last date for receiving the XAT PP Form at XAT Office, XLRI Jamshedpur is December 05, 2007.
5. The candidate has to keep a copy of the printout of XAT ID and password for any modifications to personal details and XAT ID for any correspondence with the XAT Office.
6. The candidate has to go online to www.xlri.edu anytime during December 20, 2007 and January 3, 2008 and take a print out of the XAT 2008 Admit Card where the Address of the Test Centre will be mentioned.
Procedure for Obtaining XAT Bulletin from XAT Office, XLRI Jamshedpur and XAT Registration
1. An applicant has to make a demand draft drawn in favour of XAT, Jamshedpur for Rs 750/- (Seven Hundred and Fifty Only) payable at SBI, XLRI Branch (Branch Code No. 4660)
2. Registration for XAT 2008 The applicant has to log on to the website www.xlri.edu and go to XAT Registration. Here he/she has to fill in the XAT Form on-line with personal information and give the payment particulars of demand draft number and date. After submission the candidate will immediately get his/her XAT ID and password.
3. Once the candidate provides the demand draft details he/she can proceed to take the printout of XAT Payment Advice cum Photo Form (XAT PP Form).
4. The candidate has to paste his/her recent photograph and give full signature at the space indicated on the XAT PP Form. Please mention your XAT ID and your name on the reverse of the DD. The candidate has to enclose the demand draft along with the XAT PP Form and send it by registered post/speed post/courier so as to reach XAT Office, XLRI Jamshedpur on or before December 05, 2007.
5 XAT office XLRI Jamshedpur will send the XAT Bulletin after receiving the XAT PP Form.
6 The candidate has to keep a printout of XAT ID and password for any modifications to personal details, taking a print out of XAT 2008 Admit Card and for any correspondence with the XAT Office.
7. The candidate has to go online to www.xlri.edu anytime during December 20, 2007 and January 03, 2008 and can take a print out of the XAT 2008 Admit Card where the Address of the Test Centre will be mentioned.
Note: All matters of dispute in this regard will be subject to the legal jurisdiction of Jamshedpur only.
Important Dates and Information
Remarks: XLRI Notification has come out alongwith XAT notification. Click Here to check the XAT notification.Registering for XAT does not automatically make you apply to XLRI. You have to apply to XLRI separately, even if you have registered for XAT.
Please find brief description on courses offered by XLRI Jamshedpur School of Business and Human Resources
Business Management Programme: Two year full time residential programme that facilitates learning in theory and practice of different functional areas viz. Economics, Finance, General Management, Information Systems, Marketing, Operations Management, Organizational Behavior, and Strategic Management and Personnel Management & Industrial Relations, to equip the students with an integrated approach to management function and managerial skills
Personnel Management and Industrial Relations Programme: Two year full time residential programme that facilitates learning in modern concepts, techniques and practices in the management of human resources and industrial relations. It exposes the students to different functional areas of management to enhance their effectiveness
General Management Programme: One year full time residential programme for Working Executives who have completed minimum of 5 years of experience as on 31st March 2008
Fellow Programme in Management: The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is a Doctoral level (Ph.D.) programme. The FPM is a full-time, residential, doctoral programme that trains prospective scholars to become highly skilled and innovative researchers and teachers in various aspects of management. It primarily aims at preparing students for careers as faculty members at premier academic institutions.
Executive Fellow Programme in Management (Exec FPM): The Executive Fellow Programme in Management is a part-time Doctoral level (Ph.D.) programme. This programme has been designed to cater to the scholarly needs of working executives/managers/faculty members/researchers. The objective of the programme is to develop prospective scholars for careers not only in management research and teaching but also in management practice, consulting, training, and development.
!! The Information Provided here is selective and partial Please contact the regional office or university office for more information. we will not be held responsible for accuracy of the data provided here !!